Thursday, January 27, 2005

An attempt at poetry

I have never been very much for writing stuff down (kinda makes ya wonder why I have a blog, huh?), but with my little ones growing up so quickly, and the fact I see them infrequently, I figured I better start writing stuff down or else I may miss or forget something important along the way, so I will try to post something here every day.

Today's entry....

PS

I added a couple of verses and changed it slightly....here goes


I Stand

I stood in the daylight.
Hoping not to be seen.
Afraid to be with all the people.
Who are cruel and mean.

I stood in the nighttime.
Thankful for the peace.
Thankful for the serenity.
Of sleep's sweet release.

I stood in the shadows.
Wondering what I should do.
I stood alone in the shadows
Knowing that I miss you.

I now stand in the daylight
Alone and afraid
Wondering what I'll do now
I thought I "had it made".

I stand alone in the world
But I am not ashamed
I stand alone, enlightened---
By the light of the Torchbearer's flame.

3 comments:

That Girl said...

Continue to be as pliable as clay, it will help you learn in life, but remember that she is NOT the hands that shaped you. Also, the more you put yourself out there, and meet new people, the more you will see the true mirror of yourself. You just need a new sounding board for who you are, thats all. The sooner you let go of all the horrible things she told you about yourself, the sooner you can realize your fullest potential, right? One more thing, choose to step out of "the shadows" for your children, you have too much to offer to them and the world! =)

mbondur12 said...

I thought about it, and I need to add a 4th verse summarizing what I am doing now....and I am going to rework the whole thing just a tad.

I didn't even especially have my ex in mind when I wrote this, but I can see from your knowing the basics of my situation how you would think that.

That Girl said...

I like it Mike, I'm glad to see a little bit of the positive side in you come out at the end. =)