Tuesday, July 12, 2005

What rights do you have?

This post is in response to a blog conversation I have been having with the head of the Republican party in my hometown. Thank goodness I don't live there anymore.

Basically, he goes on and on about the rights of the majority and the rights granted to us by God.

Apparently, he got called to task for deleting a post where he received a lot of negative comments, and he has yet to admit that he did it (either intentionally or accidentally). He blames the post going away on a "power outage" that he had at his location. Maybe there was a power outage at his location, but that would have no effect on posts that are already stored on Blogger's servers (whereever they are).


Now, as Paul Harvey says, "the rest of the story". You will see my response to him in the comments below.....

The one true right God does give each individual is the CHOICE to accept His Son Jesus Christ or not to. What each individual does with that choice is their own business, and it will be up to God to stand in judgment, not to any of us.

It is like a former pastor of mine said about the Christian lifestyle...."if I'm wrong (about what he says from the pulpit), I at least have lived a good life and hopefully have made other peoples' lives better in the process. If I'm right, then we will receive all of the riches God has promised us in the Bible".

I think God does give us other rights, but without that first right, the others mean very little.

1 comment:

mbondur12 said...

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

The quote I used was loosely translated from the Bible (you do remember the Bible don't you?) It's that thing you carry with you to church every Sunday. The one that says you're not supposed to lie, and when you do, you admit to it upfront to God Almighty. Like I say though, it isn't for me to judge, but the fact you won't own up to your mistakes does speak volumes.

These are my true feelings, and I have the guts to stand behind what I say and stick to it. I don't dodge and weave when asked a direct question. I also freely admit it when I'm wrong. Ask anybody who knows me or my family.

Chairman, just admit that you don't have the guts to stand behind your convictions.